TILE & GROUT CLEANING
Ceramic, Porcelain, Terracotta, Quarry, Victorian, Encaustic…
The cleaning of heavily soiled tile and grout is becoming an increasing problem for domestic and commercial premises alike. Many ceramic and porcelain floor tiles have uneven surfaces, this combined with ineffective cleaning methods are creating an accumulation of surface soiling that becomes increasingly difficult to remove.
OUR TILE AND GROUT CLEANING PROCESSES:
Deep cleaning ceramic and porcelain tile and grout is best achieved by first:
- Emulsifying the tile surface with a specialist floor cleaning solution.
- Industrial floor cleaning machines are then used to loosen the soiling.
- Heavy duty wet and dry vacuums are then used to remove the resulting slurry.
- The process is then completed by buffing, or burnishing the floor with a special machine to further enhance their appearance.
Terracotta and Quarry Tiles are made from kiln fired clay – often very porous they will in most cases require sealing after cleaning to protect from absorbing stains. We start the Terracotta floor cleaning process by:
- Stripping of the old surface coatings – a wide range of waxes, sealers and polishes usually get applied to these tiles over the years. Cleaning clay tiles is usually very labour intensive even with specialist equipment; however the results are often quite dramatic and well worth the effort.
- Grout cleaning is achieved using especially designed grout brushes and chemicals; each grout line is agitated manually to dislodge all the soiling.
- The final part of the tile grout cleaning process is achieved by mechanical means, either with a rotary floor machine fitted with brushes or with the use of our high pressure cleaning extraction system, sometime both operations are required to achieve the best results.
- When the floor is completely dry, sealing the clay tiles and grout is achieved by applying a special ‘impregnating’ sealer. This type of sealer is absorbed into the tile and dries without changing their appearance.
If the grout lines are discoloured in areas TRUECLEAN are trained and qualified to apply a unique permanent colour grout sealant; to achieve a beautiful uniform appearance.